MacLachlan Woodworking Museum

Share this page:

  • April 2 - Victoria Day: Tues-Fri 12 am-4 pm, Sat 10 am-5 pm; Victoria Day - Labour Day: Tues-Sun 10 am-5 pm; Labour Day - 30 Nov: Tues-Fri 12-4 pm, Sat 10 am-5 pm
  • Please contact museum.

In 1967, Sandy MacLachlan created the Woodworking Museum as a Centennial Project. To house the collection, he dismantled an 1853 log house, originally built by the White family in Lanark County, and moved it to Princess Street in Kingston, Ontario. There it operated as a privately‐owned museum for over a decade.

In the early eighties, it was bought by the former Pittsburgh Township and once again, the log house was moved to its present location at Grass Creek Park. With the amalgamation of the City of Kingston in 1998, the museum became the responsibility of the Culture and Recreation Division in the Corporation of the City of Kingston.


Type: Community Museum