Ermatinger Clergue National Historic Site

Share this page:

Hours:
  • Apr. and May, Mon. to Fri. 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, June to mid-Oct., daily 9:30am-6pm;Oct. and Nov., Mon. to Fri. 9:30 am to 4:30 pm; December by appointment.
Fees:
  • Adults $5, seniors / children $3, families $12

This site is the oldest stone building north west of Toronto. The house was built by Charles Oakes Ermatinger in 1814, as his home and place of business. He,his Ojibway wife and their 13 children resided there until 1828. The site has served as a court house, hotel, YWCA and social club. Self-guided tours as well as tours by costumed guides are offered, the latter by appointment. Numerous special events take place throughout the year, curriculum programs,junior docent programs, and costumed interpreted demonstrations.

Website: www.ecnhs.com

Type: Historic Building